About Morocco trek adventure
The force behind Morocco Trek Adventure is Hamid Ait Nasser a licensed professional Mountain guide ( mountain guide center a Tabant ) he is a descendant of a Berber family in the Happy valley and co-owner Riad la fibule Berber at the heart of Ait Bougumez valley. Here he raised up and approached Berber life. He devolopped his skills at other languages that he would get in touch with the entire world. He had been working, after his training period for being a guide, with many travel agencies. This accumulated experience of his own is ready to be shared with travelers from around the world .
He hikes the whole country, taking tourists on adventure, either in Atlas Mountains, Saharah desert, or in the Atlantic coast to discover and re-discover the magic of the country. You will be intrigued by authentic Morocco’s natural and cultural diversity. Hamid is ready to share all his traditions and beliefs with you. Hi is font of his cultural.
The goal behind Morocco trek adventure is to make its customer fulfill their dreams and have on unforgettable memories about Morocco, besides our duties are the satisfaction of your intentions.
Find the answer of your usual questions :
In the High Atlas Mountains or walking just in discovering Berber villages, you need to prepare for your trip, it can be warm and sunny during the day but the weather in the mountains can quickly change from sunshine to snow and cold winds (autumn through late spring). Here is the equipment and clothing we suggest.
- Good walking shoes and socks
- season sleeping bag
- Comfortable shoes/slippers for camp/guesthouse
- Walking stick
- Trekking pants
- Day sack/backpack
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Headtorch / headlamp
- Basic First Aid Kit – refer to trip dossier for details
- Ice axe and crampons (winter)
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Fleece jacket or warm jumper
- Penknife (useful)
- Lightweight windproof/waterproof jacket
- Goggles (winter) and sunglasses (summer)
- Lightweight thermal or fleece gloves
- Personal items (e.g. towel, sunscreen, wipes, toilet tissues, antibacterial handwash)
- Small First Aid Kit including insect repellent, plasters, meds
- Small rubbish bag to carry out what you carry in
- Matches e.g. burn toilet paper
- Trail snacks
- Zip-Up bags for camera
- Repair kit (eg. needle, thread, duct tape)
All our guides are locals and all registered with Minister of Tourisme, they are all certified by the only guide training center in Morocco which is Centre de Formation aux Metiers de Montagne, and they all speak English, French, Spanish and German.
The duration of the treks always depends on the region and on your interests, treks can be as short as 1 day to as long as a month.
Sleeping bags, walking boots (shoes), rain jackets, fleece, warm and light cloths, sun cream, sun glasses ,hats, camera, first aid kit, sleepers, head torch.
- Transfer from Marrakech to starting points of trekking and transfer to Marrakech at the end of the trek (to be agreed during the reservation time).
- Accommodation on the trekking days. This is usually in tents, occasionally in Berber houses or a refuge (depending on the trek chosen and season).
- All meals on the trek. Meals are freshly prepared and cooked and are typical Moroccan dishes (tajine, soup, couscous and salads ) , tea and coffee included with all meals.
- The services of a qualified, experienced English or French spanish-speaking mountain guide.
- Mules, muleteers and cook. The mules carry your heavy luggage, you only need carry a day pack.
- Accommodation in Marrakech.
- Travel insurance.
- Bottled or Mineral water during the trek.or Tour.
- Medical or accident insurance.
- Personal equipements (sleeping bags, shoes, etc)
Find the trek you are interested and contact us via E-mail to discuss your trek and check availability. Once the details of your trek (Duration, Date, Route and Number of People) have been agreed, we will make a provisional booking.
To confirm your booking we ask you to pay a deposit. This can be in Euros, Pounds sterling or US dollars. The balance is paid in Morocco – again in Euros, sterling or dollars – at the beginning of the trek.
Your deposit or full payment can be transfered to this bank account:
Mr Hamid Ait Nasser
Agence : Banque chaabi
CODE BANQUE :
CODE VILLE :
Account Number :
CLE RIB :
CODE SWIFT :
Bank adress: :
RIB ( IBAN number) :
You can also pay us by Western Union using the following details:
Full name: Hamid Ait Nasser
Aboub Marrakech 40000
The full balance should be paid by cash either in MAD, Euros or sterlings, or can be paid via a bank transfer a week ahead before departure.
If you enquire about it we do arrange as we work with Riads and Hotels in Marrakech, Also Airport transfer can be arranged.
All our driver know Marrakech and any where in Morocco like the back of their hands, so we can pick you up from where ever you stay.
That depends on season, itinerary and clients interest, we use tents local Family houses (guest House), mountain Refuges and Hotels for Tours.
Yes the trek can be changed if you ask for that, or if the weather conditions require the trekking route to be altered to ensure your safety.